- AntiBrowserspy Pro Crack + License Key (2020) – #QaisSaeed.Com
- 7 Best Drivers images
- Hardening Windows 10 with zero-day exploit mitigations
- Microsoft - Official Home Page
- Download - Zeroshell Linux Router
- Home - Microsoft Tech Community
Serial key stereolabs - Capture the World in 3D
At the near end of Window Live Mail, I was scouring the internet for a replacement. Deep Learning is used to train our AI. It listens to music 24 hours a day, at a speed of 20 minutes per second. Project Reader Activation Key Confesiones De Una Triple Shot Betty Descargar Pdf Contact. Sound Blaster Z, part of the ultra high-performance Z-Series of Sound Blaster sound cards, is an ideal all-round solution for your PC gaming and entertainment needs.
|1||Bride Of Chucky Full Movie Mp4||43%|
|2||How to Hack Someone's Phone with Just Their Number (2020||65%|
|3||MIPI Camera Serial Interface 2 (MIPI CSI-2)||79%|
|4||How to Reset Your Entire Network in Windows 10 and Start||3%|
|5||Digital Photography Review||38%|
|6||DeepBurner - Powerful CD and DVD Burning Package||71%|
|7||Zearn Math: Top-rated math program created for teachers||52%|
ALLPRODUCTS - Microsoft Support
Dec 13, 2020 - Explore Penthek Haek's board "program" on Pinterest. It did not have this problem. Windows 10 Pro Activator 2020, How to Windows 10 Pro Product Key, windows 10 pro activation key & Windows 10 Pro Setup 32 bit, 64 bit ISO Free Recovery Tools Data Recovery Outlook Express Web Design 3d Home Windows Server Life Savers Sd Card Mini. In Radio Commander every unit is described by unique set of statistics.
ZeRO-2 & DeepSpeed: Shattering barriers of deep learning
The tutorials also cover the ins and. Deep Freeze Standard app or Deep Freeze server enterprise 8 admin will share License Key v and Deep Freeze 7 is active forever. Disable sound on Windows 7 when clicking link eg navigation click sound? Jigsaw @w Puzzle 2 Crack Chomikuj.
10 Unique & Practical Ways to Repurpose Your Old Hard Disk
However, our Freeware Reboot Restore Rx is different since it allows you to update the baseline with just two clicks in real time. Windows 10 Anniversary Update also includes additional validation for font file parsing. Rslogix 500 Activation Disk. Deep Freeze Standard License Key + Crack Free Download.
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL
Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Windows 10 Driver. Alternate recovery and reinstall options Windows 10. For a list of options for restoring or reinstalling Windows 10, refer to the Dell Support article Reset or reinstall Windows 10 on your Dell computer. Properties of SynthesiaAll star yakyuken battle psp iso. No registration is required and your files are completely protected.
Brother Solutions Center
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep - Windows 10 Forums click here to investigate. In case the issue persists after restarting your PC, the issues are undoubtedly in the USB drive. Download Deep Freeze Standard 2020 (Free) for Windows.
Computer keeps waking from sleep within 2 minutes every
Key features Synchronization: The software's interface is the same as iTunes. Disk Drill: The best data recovery software for Mac OS X. Recover deleted or lost data from any storage device, iOS and Android. Plus 190 key labelled vocal one-shots for Tech House, Deep House, Techno, Bass House and beyond. It has 32 Gb ROM and 500Gb Hardisk storage.
Super VPN for PC, Windows 7/8/10, And Mac - Chrome Web Store
This article talks about how to crack Windows 10 when you need to activate and get access to it. Deep Freeze Crack With Full Keygen Free Download Deep Freeze Crack is an amazing software for Windows and macOS that restores a computer back to the saved configurations during restart. The Power Sheds range of products are. Windows 7 SP1 / 8 / 10 Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later Languages The software is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
25 Best Powerful Tools To Customize Your Windows 10
Eurosystem or the European Central Bank. Deep ze for windows 10 with crack. The Creators Update includes innovations which are new functions and security abilities. Works with any Windows PC, 32bit and 64bit, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. Save big money Avoid the cost, effort, and lost time involved in taking your PC to a repair shop.
Key generator malicious stuff on laptops, one laptop destroyed a
Just one click on AI Mode, the most suitable scanning items automatically ticked more than 26 kinds of junk files, such as system logs, temporary files, image caches, and updates. Keep track of the situation based on their voice reports only. Scroll for more details. In our tests, the specific exploit code for CVE-2020-7256 simply fails these checks and is unable to reach vulnerable code.
Key pC Optimization Guide for Windows 10
Internet explorer - Detect IE version (prior to v9) in home. 7 Best program images go to website. If you don't have an administrator account, you can create one. See more ideas about Beautiful nature, Nature photography, Scenery.
Speed up your PC and increase your Internet speed
Best (Command Prompt) CMD Tricks And Hacks - 2020 (Latest. I also have problem with storage capacity. Just runnng the Windows 10 system alone it has occupied most of the space in the ROM. Download the latest version of Media Go free in English on.
Watch Free Movies and TV Shows Online
Once your trial is over you'll automatically drop down to CCleaner Free, so it won't cost you a thing. NVIDIA continues to work closely with VR headset and game developers to deliver amazing VR games and applications. ON1 has launched new versions of its ON1 HDR, ON1 Effects, ON1 Resize and ON1 Portrait AI plugins.
Respect Artemis Entreri (Forgotten Realms)
This is a literary Respect Thread. Hover over feats to see which book they come from in the series. Books are numbered by the most recent updated order as listed by R.A. Salvatore in the beginning of the last 4 novels.Book Guide
Books 1-3: Homeland; Exile; Sojourn
Books 4-6: The Crystal Shard; Streams of Silver; The Halfling's Gem
Books 7-10: The Legacy; Starless Night; Siege of Darkness; Passage to Dawn
Books 11-13: The Silent Blade; The Spine of the World; Sea of Swords
Books 14-16: Servant of the Shard; Promise of the Witch King; Road of the Patriarch
Books 17-19: The Thousand Orcs; The Lone Drow; The Two Swords
Books 20-22: The Orc King; The Pirate King; The Ghost King
Books 23-26: Gauntlgrym; Neverwinter; Charon's Claw; The Last Threshold
Book 27: The Companions
Books 28-30: Night of the Hunter; Rise of the King; Vengeance of the Iron Dwarf
Books 31-33: Archmage; Maestro; Hero
Book 34: Timeless
|Table of Contents|
|VI.||Tracking and Senses|
|VIII.||Weapons and Equipment|
Escaping his second personal hell while still a pre-teen, Artemis fled to the streets of beggars he had known as a child under his father's hand, killing his emotions forcibly and channeling everything into anger and determination. Slaying street thugs in cold blood to build his own territory, young Artemis was taken into the fold of the immeasurably powerful Basadoni Guild, ruled by Pasha Basadoni, a man who could manipulate events in the entire nation of Calimshan.
Eventually, the man who would be known only as Entreri found himself tasked with hunting down a sticky-fingered halfling that had pilfered a mind-controlling ruby, and spent 5 years of his life travelling from the furthest southern shores of Faerûn to the absolute further northern frozen tundras to collect it. It was this mission that placed him on Drizzt Do'Urden's radar, and led to the two masters of killing clashing numerous times.
Entreri would eventually learn to open his heart again, after slaying several hundreds of people responsible for creating the monster he had become in life, and with the aid of a most resourceful and clever Dark Elf named Jarlaxle. Entreri would see himself become an ally to Drizzt after more than a century of knowing him, his own prolonged life its own curious tale.
In battle, Entreri is the epitome of 'Assassin'. If an opening presents itself, it finds itself filled with his dagger. If a weakness is noted, his longsword slashes it. Entreri is a master of booby traps, deception, feints, trickery, and swordplay, and will ruthlessly and dishonorably combine all of them while utilizing any and every last possible option to give himself the upper hand in a fight.
If a target is behind walls and an army, Entreri will become a soldier to infiltrate and assassinate. If an enemy shows their back, his knife will slip between ribs. If a target turns and fights, Entreri will rise to the challenge and best their skill with his own before shattering their very soul with his beloved vampiric dagger.
Entreri has, quite literally, chased his prey to the very ends of the world and back for money. If personal insult is paid to him, he gladly does it for free and enjoys it all the more. Arrogant, ruthless, and with the skill to back up his bravado, Entreri never fails a mission.
- His physique is honed to perfection, and lifting a human nearly his own size forcibly is a simple task for him
- Splits the skull of a dwarf with a saber blow
- Leaps from a mainmast directly upward into a crow's nest for an assassination
- Climbs an enchanted fence that clings to anyone whose body touches it whilst carrying a woman only 40 pounds lighter than himself with ease
- Hand-walks himself up a rope so fast it is akin to him sliding down it
- Physically halts the charge of a zombie with a single slash
- Pulled free a metal bar from a sewer grate
- Overhead presses a drow craftsman and hurls him into an open forge
- Is knocked unconscious when slamming headfirst into a canyon wall whilst in an uncontrolled flight-assisted fall; Regis finds him an entire day later still alive, hanging by tatters from the cliff face
- Ascends 1000 feet up a spiraling staircase around a stalagmite without rest
- Tanks a lightning bolt spell slamming his shoulder, and snarls through the pain of a retributive dagger slash, dodging a final lightning bolt in the process
- Fights all out for minutes against Drizzt without slowing or tiring
- Outright tanks a lightning bolt slamming into him
- Continues to fight and feint through the pain of a battle axe cleaving through to his hip
- Has perpetual youth so long as the sword Charon's Claw exists; note that Jarlaxle seemingly confirms this has ended as of Book 33, yet Jarlaxle himself has doubts as to Claw being the origin of Entreri's youth, a likely reference to the absorbed shade soul that colored Entreri's skin and was Jarlaxle's original hypothesis for his youth and de-aging from middle to young age
- Manages to stay standing and defiantly move against the pain of Claw directly manipulating him with pain akin to being on fire
- Continues to fight and maneuver even after taking several hits from the infamous drow sleeping poison. For reference, even a single small dose of sleeping poison renders a trained guardsman incapable of lifting an arm
- Survives several blows while hanging in a metal cage from a superhumanly strong monster, with the hits being stated by himself as being beyond even the dierct hit of a giant's club
- Is slapped by a Demon Queen and doesn't die
- Before the well-trained human princess of a dwarven clan can get a blade half from its sheathe, Entreri has his dagger to her throat
- Reacts to a 'surprise' attack from behind so quickly that onlookers can hardly tell he moved, entirely missing Entreri shattering a kneecap, unsheathing his dagger, stabbing a man in the heart, and re-sheathing in the blink of an eye
- Reacts to a scimitar slashing into his ribs quickly enough that he can punch his assailant to prevent his own death
- In the middle of combat has enough celerity to react to the click of a handcrossbow firing, dodging it entirely
- Catches an enraged Drizzt offguard with a thrown dagger mid-combat
- Easily speedwalks along a hemp rope used as a bridge; Entreri himself is the one who made the bridge, hooking it via grapnel with a single try
- Slashes three times before a very skilled rogue can even begin to draw his own weapon
- Pulls out his jeweled dagger and holds a guildmaster at knifepoint before her actively-focused guards, or she herself, register the movement at all
- By the time three prepared foes draw their weapons, Entreri is already on the charge with weapons readied
- Successfully utilizes his natural dexterity to maneuver down a magically greased decline trap
- Draws his dagger faster than the eye can follow
- Runs down a broken mountain trail as if it were a meadow, moving purely on instinct and without conscious thought
- Dodges a lightning serpent spell by flipping out of the way, whilst being in the middle of an ice storm spell
- Reacts to and dodges two handcrossbow bolts while engaged with a prodigy drow warrior of the First House of Menzoberranzan
- Flings his dagger so cleanly into a dwarf for a killing blow that the body doesn't fall over
- Without any coordination or practice, can fight fluidly and perfectly in-sync with another fighter of his skill level with but a moment's notice, going back-to-back with no flaws in their form
- Without communication, has an ally feint to make an opening for a thrown dagger which kills a trained dark elf
- Disarms a trained dark elf foe with only his belt
- Rapidly learns the intricate drow hand code, an entire lexicon including accents, sarcasm, emotions, and more within hand gestures, a feat Entreri himself estimates only 20 humans alive might be able to master
- Is able to pickpocket the mercenary Jarlaxle, likely the most skilled dark elf rogue in Faerûn
- With a trained crossbowman focused on him, double snapkicks two men detaining him and pulls one in the path of the already-firing crossbow
- Can read men so well that he moves first in an ambush where he should be disadvantaged
- Accurately kicks superheated jewelry into a man's face, proceeds to knock him out with accurate knuckles driven into his temples, and then flings the man wholly into a nearby crossbowman
- Kills a man rushing him head-on by deflecting his sword wide with a hand, pivoting around him so rapidly the move is missed by active onlookers, and impaling him under the chin....all without a drop of blood hitting him
- Has enough presence of mind to turn a minor error into a mutual trading of heavy melee blows
- Catches a thrown dagger and redirects it back to halt the thrower with ease, subduing the assailant within moments afterward
- Throws a sword in the air as a distraction so perfectly that the distracted believes him to still be holding it
- Slices a pouch for containing a powerful sentient artifact off Jarlaxle's hip and swaps it out
- Can not be caught offguard while asleep as the slightest disturbance fully wakes him
- In a dead run, performs a backwards flip over a railing and performs a muscle-up to flip atop balusters, all whilst drawing his weapons mid-stunt somehow
- In just a few moments, kills 4 armed men 1v4 with his bare hands
- Easily grapples a woman in melee, and knows how to either kill or rapidly knock someone unconscious with a headlock
- Deflects a lunging zombie aside with the bare minimum amount of effort necessary to redirect it
- After nearly a century of having not encountered each other, fights in perfect harmony with Drizzt without a single word of communication
- Dodges the claws of a yeti even from a half-kneeling position, using the dodge roll to strengthen his sword blow
- Utilizes a backflip off a sheer cliff wall to land atop a rampaging yeti and drive his dagger into its skull with all the force of the leap
- Fights easily alongside Jarlaxle and Drizzt, the three blending into a single cohesive warrior unit
- Holds a small corridor with Drizzt against a horde of immensely powerful demons
- Outmaneuvers a drow priestess and her scourge whip with Charon Claw's ash-wall, getting behind her back in an explicit eye-blink
- Against two furious dwarves who have fought together, Entreri is able to casually weave between blows and turn them all aside
- Fights dead even against Drizzt, with each anticipating the other's moves and counters
- Against foes with superior weapons and armor, Entreri is able to use brutal counters and superior movement to take them down regardless
- Manages to utilize over-balancing double-attacks with saber and dagger to slightly wound Drizzt and suffer no counters for the effort
- After slipping in sewer mud mid-fight, is able to recover whilst fighting Drizzt and get his foot back under himself
- Against a trained dark elf with two swords, Entreri's one sword is able to deflect them both simultaneously and catch the elf off-balance long enough for Entreri to catch a flung dagger and deftly redirect it into the elf's ribs
- Doesn't need to watch his weapons or blink when engaging and countering Drizzt
- After just two observations, perfectly learns a maneuver Drizzt invented himself
- Even with an arm severely wounded, can parry Drizzt efficiently
- Overcomes a well-trained drow female whose staff paralyzed one of his arms, throwing his sword like a spear with great accuracy; of note is that she was a Matron Mother of the twelfth house of Menzoberranzan, meaning she would be the twelfth most powerful drow female in a city of 20,000 dark elves
- Engages two assailants and easily takes the lung of a man behind him without looking
- A battle featuring Entreri amazes three dark elves, notable due to their intrinsic xenophobia and racism
- Successfully forces Drizzt to make a maneuver that slightly disadvantages the dark elf
- Both he and Drizzt fight so violently that not a single onlooker out of many can discern the individual sword swings, or discern individual rings of metal from sword clashes
- Utilizes a foe's own sword crossing through their line of sight against them, following the blade and pulling off a Ghost Step maneuver akin to Drizzt against one of the best swordsmen formerly of Menzoberranzan's First House
- Even while heavily wounded and with a numb leg, Entreri easily outmaneuvers and takes out a swordsman 2v1
- Easily renders a spear-wielder useless in a 2v1
- Flips his sword and throws a dagger forward with enough skill that neither of a pair of persons fighting him realize either took place
- Outmaneuvers a skilled warrior cultist and manipulates a spear to slide his sword under the cultist's ribcage
- Without much effort, puts a very well-renowned, well-armed, and well-skilled swordsman on his heels
- Parries feints from a very well-trained drow noble and manages to maneuver himself into landing a circle kick squarely on the drow's face
- Beheads all the snakes on a drow priestess scourge whip before beheading the priestess herself
- Duels Drizzt in infravision-defeating darkness
- Forces an even exchange with Drizzt, taking a snap-kick to the face in exchange for a dagger slash to Drizzt's leg
- Is able to slip between two persons and simultaneously silence one and impale the other under the chin without anyone noticing or being able to cry out
- Capable of hiding so well that two dwarves and a human actively collecting items in the same house as Entreri never even begin to suspect his presence
- Is undetectable via scrying from a wizard
- Is able to evade the glance of Drizzt whilst hiding
- Bypasses a very well-skilled rogue's traps and then evades his inspection of his own quarters by hiding inside a bed
- Manages to sneak up behind a powerful warrior on a wide-open bridge
- Sneaks up on a drow craftsman and brutally ends his life
- Manages to slip out of sight of Drizzt's magnificent vision, so skilled is he in blending into shadow
Skill and Skulduggery
- Is able to use his wit and intellect to lead a target to turn their back on him, regardless of active desire to kill Entreri....resulting in a dagger through the back from a distance
- Utilizes distractions such as thrown coins to draw prey into easy traps where he can take them out
- Assassinates the entire crew of a large ship in a single night without being detected, utilizing even slivers of shadow to aid him
- Chugs a mouthful of sewer water mid-combat to gain the upper hand in a fight by spitting it in his foe's face
- Uses Drizzt's drow heritage to escape a losing battle
- Has the presence of mind to stow away valuables with expertise should he believe he will be captured, and rapidly sets up a basic trap
- Takes out two archers after only a momentary distraction given thanks to a thrown sword
- Successfully infiltrates a Thieves' Guildhouse with numerous traps and many, many soldiers Entreri doesn't know for manipulating
- In the time it takes him to traverse an alleyway, can disguise himself to appear 50 pounds heavier and have a heavy natural limp
- In under two minutes disarms and resets numerous traps upon the doorway of a very well-secured rogue, whereas the rogue himself takes ten full minutes to disarm them even knowing the exact traps and having the keys
- Takes down one of a quartet of sentries, replacing him
- Climbs a sheer wall within seconds, immediately altering his garb after assassinating a compound guard to infiltrate
- Easily recognizes numerous traps and alarms on a door by sight
- Uses a feint-within-a-feint to kill a highly skilled man, all while catching an already-thrown dagger as a diversion to throw his belt-buckle dagger
- Purposefully 'shortens' his arm while imprisoned in a cage by forcing it nearly out of the socket to yank his intentionally long thumbnail off to use as a lockpick and proceeds to pick the lock with nothing but the nail
- Escapes a shock-spell trapped cage even whilst under scrutiny
- Successfully assassinates a drow High Priestess within her own personal bedchambers
- Assassinates a King hidden in a room with one exit, no windows, thick walls, numerous spies in his own castle, many ranks of soldiers, and several men guarding the chamber's only entrance. It is implied that Entreri utilized a magically-disguising beret to aid him in this impossible assassination
- Tracks the halfling Regis down over 1000 miles across the continent of Faerûn and is unperturbed by being a mere week or two behind his mark
- Has an innate danger sense as a result of his years working in his profession that prevents him walking into a trap
- Has been gifted infravision via unknown means, enabling him to see in pure darkness. As of book 25, it is confirmed this is permanently innate thanks to Jarlaxle
- Detects his being tracked by Drizzt
- Senses a zombie approaching him from behind while engaged with another foe
- No-sells the ruby gem of Pasha Pook used on him whilst unawares, which easily hypnotizes almost any man who gazes upon it; Entreri later willingly dives into the gem's glamour and can pull himself free of it, all to prove the point of his immunity
- Successfully resists the sword Charon's Claw and its inevitable battle of wills which has claimed numerous lives with ease, ultimately dominating it fully.
- Completely shuts out the artifact The Crystal Shard with willpower explicitly akin to Drizzt's
- Shrugs off compulsion magic designed to mentally halt the target
- Briefly resists the compulsion of Claw, a weapon holding dominion over his very soul, and later does so again, resisting the command to slay Drizzt
- Utilizing the disguising and shapeshifting magic of Agatha's Mask, Entreri takes on the guise of Regis the Halfling to ensure a 1v1 fight with Drizzt after their interrupted first two battles
- Possessed solely in Book 7, Entreri has a cloak that transforms into bat wings on command, enabling him perfectly maneuverable flight
Barrabus The Gray's Attire
- When working as Barrabus the Gray under Herzgo Alegni, Entreri is gifted a cloak to aid him in hiding, boots to soften his already quiet footfalls, and a 5 inch belt-buckle dagger inlaid with real human veins that delivers poison at the slightest poke
- He also has obtained a bag of holding which holds within it a glass-cutting set of suction cups and diamond glass-cutter
- A curious item Entreri gains from Jarlaxle, it can dim his body temperature to hide from infravision and has a metal wire insert in the rim
- General description of the weapon
- Claw is sharp enough to easily shear through two knees without slowing
- With a swing from a rather unskilled wielder, casually tears out chunks of a stone wall
- The blade can slice through magical wards and guards
- Claw has a unique power to actively grant Entreri prolonged life, and actively denies an afterlife to whomever it consumes. Further still, the blade could resurrect him if he were to die due to the attunement, and indeed actively has done so when Entreri once committed suicide
- Easily slashes through powerful drow priestess wards and magical armor with a casual slash to the back
- Slashes through a drow priestesses' magical armor and bisects her at the waist with a two-handed chop
- Claw's blade is such a powerful artifact that not even the lava of a primordial's volcanic pit can destroy it
- The weapon is so strong that Entreri can simply yank it out to the side and nearly bisect an exceptionally large and thickly-boned demon, cleaving through bone and magically-reinforced demon hide with ease; for reference, strong demons' skin is so tough that finely crafted drow blades scoring direct hits can't sink in easily
- Entreri makes liberal use of the ash walls the sword can generate, using them to close the battlefield off and feint at the same time
- This ability of the weapon can be used offensively, turning a drow head to merely a skull in a moment
- This power of Claw comes from the sword's making, being imbued with the power of the netherworld
- Anyone slashed by Claw is capable of feeling the burning poison of the wound, imparting more pain
- Passively detects scrying magic
- The gauntlet successfully can identity arcane, divine, or psionic magics being used in its presence
- Can casually dispel globes of darkness as well as passwall holes magically created in floors
- The gauntlet can detect magical auras, and has a limitation insofar as it can only dispel active enchantments or catch magic directed at the wieldenon-AoE effects
- The magic absorption has difficulty containing overwhelming amounts of energy such as those produced by an artifact such as the Crystal Shard, but successfully returns enough power that the bolt slamming into a nearby wall knocks Entreri and Jarlaxle off their feet
- Magic missiles can be absorbed and then redirected via the gauntlet
- The wielder can see perfectly in the dark light while the light simultaneously defeats any infravision
- Entreri always has this weapon upon his hip if it is in his possession, and it is his primary identifier
- The dagger is vampiric and has the ability to heal wounds, with a single slain wererat healing a garrish wound on Entreri's arm within moments
- Within the time it takes a minotaur to try and swing a club, the dagger has sapped its life force to the point its normally superhuman strength is parried by Entreri with ease
- Entreri intercepts a cutpurse and uses his dagger to tug at the man's very soul, the life-sucking ability very literally drawing on it to feed him vitality. Also confirms the dagger works at Entreri's speed of thought.
- The life of a single drunk is enough to fully heal Entreri from a deep crossbow wound
- Accidentally causes Entreri to take on a slightly-gray skin hue after absorbing the soul of a shade into his person
- Drains the life-force of a gargoyle to instantly heal a claw wound
- Even a moment of deep drinking renders a giant yeti's entire arm dead, and makes even inconsequential hits dangerous
- The dagger easily punches through powerful magical wards to embed itself in a drow priestesses' eye
- Entreri is able to heal a vicious whip-wound and nullify paralyzing and pain-inducing drow scourge whip venom by draining a priestess
- Insidiously, the dagger destroys the soul of whomever it kills such that not even a goddess can bring back the slain
- The dagger is strong enough to critically wound a Demon Queen
A walk down memory lane (warning: long read)
This might come over like a funeral speech, regarding this last month and its impact on the Western scene, but the intention was to reassure myself, and maybe some others, as of why PUBG esports is great and so much fun to watch.
Please keep in mind that this is a very subjective and EU-centric look back to all the things I personally watched.
PUBG for me started in the end of 2016. I first heard of and saw Brendan Greene's very own game by watching streamers and content creators playing the closed Alpha or pre-alpha even. Those streamers were invited to test the builds and at some point publicly stream the game on Twitch. Poopiequeen (I'm not going to explain! Either you do know her or you don't) really did her best to make this game appealing in other gaming communities. To me, it didn't appeal at all. The colour tones of the game were a bit too dark for my taste, TPP mode enabled was a no-go, throwing apples in the lobby was (and still is) silly. In short, I felt like it was more a sort of a H1Z1 casual type of game than my beloved, unforgiving, brutal and ultrarealistic Arma3 BR. No thanks, I'm good.
Nevertheless some people I used (and still use) to watch on Twitch kept my interest alive and when the Early Access version of PUBG got released on Steam in March of 2017, I bought a copy myself and played a little. I still didn't like it.
Gamers Outreach Charity Event 4 May 2017
In May of 2017, Bluehole organised a Charity Event with a ton of Twitch Celebreties like Lirik, Summit1G, Sacriel, Forsen and Dr.Disrespect participating in it. Also involved were some names like 0nuqtive, Break, Smak, Hayz and Scoom. The whole event was what I believe is Playerunknowns original vision of esports. A bunch of well known streamers, plus a bunch of semi-known hardcore community members, playing for shits and giggles and all the revenue goes to charity. This has been the recipe for both of his Arma 3 BR Charity Events and has found a continuation in the Winter Charity Event in december of 2017.
So this first PUBG event itself had a sort of a pedigree. It was a laggy mess, felt like playing at 10 FPS gameplay and observing cameras couldn't catch up with the actual ingame action, but besides the raw state of the game and the barely working observing system, it was pretty enjoyable.
DreamHack Summer 2017
Next thing I came in touch with was the broadcast of the Dreamhack Summer 2017 Duo tournament in June. I personally would not recommend to watch these games again, unless you really want to find out how good PUBG has become in a two and a half years time.
At that time I didn't know a lot of players. There's actually been only one familiar name, and that was Scoom. He and Molnman were dominating, still using their old H1Z1 Clantag iirc. Marius and Ollywood were playing super good too, as well as Millaw and Taylor. Ivel won a crazy 1 vs 2 and Maccandark earned his team a striking Chicken Dinner. You might be familiar with some of these names.
DreamHack, although being just a traditional BYOC DreamHack, might have been the initial impetus for the competitive scene. It kind of worked out okayish to compete in this game and everyone and their dog was playing PUBG at that time anyways, so it's not a surprise that teams, clans and organisations started to find interest in signing the top streamers and leaderboard grinders around that time.
The Signing Phase
It was TSM that started singning players, if my researches are correct, namely Viss and Smak (does anyone remember Smaks [or Summits] stream where he carries Summits ass hard?). Followed by Break one month later (and after him [ironically] complaining on stream why Viss and Smak got signed, but he did not) and AimPR in July
AndyPyro got signed by Method in May, Team Kinguin entered PUBG in June (TK deleted the announcement from their website), Wildcard joined in in July and Team Liquid signed their first squad in August, just in time for:
Gamescom Invitational Cologne 23-26 Aug 2017
The best headliner for this tournament that I found in the coverage of the event, headlined it as a 'enjoyable desaster'. It sums it up pretty well. The observing was plain and simple horrendous. It's been unbearable at times to see the killfeed go crazy whilst watching a duo taking swim lessons for a minute straight. This is actually a problem that still has to be solved. You could hear Pansy begging for a camera switch. Sure thing, we can still hear her complaining at present events occasionally, but observation got a lot better. We have be honest here, observation did improve. IT REALLY DID!
The point system looked unbalanced and counterintuitive, favouring dying late in the blue over taking lives and dying early. Not the way a shooter should be like. Another big problem was the organization of the tournament and the communication between staff and players, getting a few of the latter to raise this subject publicly.
It's been such an important topic that PU had the urge to address the topic in his end of the tournament speech. Vaguely, at least. I think the essence of his statement was that the main issues originated in the game itself and wasn't really the fault of ESL. I love PUBG for taking a (more or less) realistic approach and for not including jump pads, drone strike perks, class systems and hamster ball vehicles or mechs
Enough about the unpleasant side of the event. I don't think I'll have to remember anyone who saw this event about the cool scenes, because I'm sure they're all etched into everyones minds. For all of you who missed this tournament:
0nuqtive's boat kill on Mithrain, Smak's KAR headshot through the window of the f-boy shack and Break's 11 kill solo win, just to name a few. It's been plays like this that turned me from a slightly interested follower to a guy that started to follow the pro scene with an almost religious passion. I have missed very little competitive PUBG ever since and if you were interested in competitive PUBG in 2017, you had to follow the grassroots Leagues.
I can't really tell which League I started to watch first. I missed the original (Sambty + Jembty + Teme + Tomppaw0w) Saunabois lineup and the original AtaXia squad (Met0r + Haxete +Pr0phie + Balloc) already turned into Gorilla Core ( Mxey + Met0r + Haxete + Jembty). I also missed the time Jazza, Ibiza and Mxey were in the same squad and so on and so forth.
In May of 2017 PUBG Online and LegendsArena (couldn't find the early VODs) both launched their Leagues. Those were the OGs of competitive PUBG.
The first Auzom League Day started in July and I recall watching the first official games. The pre testing phase in June I did not notice, but after taking a look back at it, I was surprised to recognize a few known names, most prominently Adouz1e.
The next big player in the League game, the one that even got an official Major from PUBG corp in 2019, was GLL and it started a bit later that year.
I have to add vVv, which I haven't really watched regularly and than of course:
Curse Trials. Two (or one?) guy/s, working for Twitch at that time, that started a little company, hosted some Hearthstone events before, liked PUBG, found a big sponsor and decided to start a monthly tournament. Also the always had a miraculously high viewership...for some reason...
The Leagues were just perfect entertainment. Everyone involved seemed so very dedicated at that time. Maybe a bit too much dedication, because on the downside every League org insisted on having a very own pointsystem for example, different circle stettings, different AR spawn settings and so forth.
Also they were a little amateurish. That being said I don't mean that in a annoying, but rather in a more entertaining amateurish way that was actually pretty fitting to the general state of the game. To emphasise this very important point: The Leagues were operated by folks who really seemed to care more about the competitive side of PUBG and not so much about getting rich fast and they also started all this before the developer, publisher and big TOs began to care about it. And that, good people, is why PUBG is a good and original esports title.
IEM Oakland 18-19 Nov
So let's take a look how a big TO like ESL did. IEM Oakland was the second event ESL was responsible for and the first real competitive one. No invited streamers, only the best of the best of all players. Every team proved their worth by going throught the qualifiers, which means competing against 365 teams or by direct invite due to great performances in the Leagues.
First, some drama. The Method players kicked their IGL, RaptorDaRaptor out of the team. Just a week before IEM. Big discussions in the scene about this being BM or just pouring base to the acid that had poisened the team chemistry. As AndyPyro stated, they wanted a fourth that actually listens and plays as a member of a team, rather than a salty lone fighter.
A little less dramatic, but none the less important incident: Team Kinguin did not meet the expectations by not making it through qualifiers and only 3 players from Kinguin were sad about it.
Last thing before we can go into the event itself, Avangar, who made it through the EU open qualifiers as the frontrunner, ran into Visa issues, so it came that Team Crimson went to Oakland instead. I remeber being really upset about this because if you get a big event, you want see the best teams compete against each other and Avangar certainly was one of the best teams of the scene in late 2017. Little did I know that this wasn't just a single unfortunate event in esports, but rather the rule than the exception. Too bad for Mumino,0nuqtive, Drainys and KeeN, but good for Jazza, MiracU, Texqs and TeaBone. Especially after them being screwed over by bad circle luck in the last phase of the qualifiers. On another side note: The open qualifiers were the first comp games where we could've witnessed a new guy on the microphone called MyNameIsToby.
The main tournament itself turned out to be better than Gamescom but in general it wasn't... good. Camerawork still crap, staff didn't close the mics in time so you could hear casters chatting during the post game interviews (Simms was interviewing), they mixed up the nationalities of some players, technical difficulties, the water sound bug and many minor things more.
Digital Chaos earned themselves two Chicken Dinners but messed up the other 6 games. Tempo Storm and Ghost played really good. TSM began the tournament really bad, they lost some unnecessary early fights but had a remarkable comeback. C9 and Liquid, two of the big household names, winning a game as well seemed to be a good thing for the future state of competitive PUBG. In the end the guys from aAa (soon to be Vitality) were crowned the deserved victors. Their rotations, especially in mid to late game were astonishing and they also knew how to finish a game to get the Chicken Dinner(s). In other words, they played similar to how Faze Clan used to play and placed themselves where most people expected Faze to be at at the end of the tournament. Faze themselves ended up in fourth place, which at least exonerated them from the hackusations which circulated around them for some time before Oakland. I vividly remember this particular clip which lead twitch chat to go full 100%wh mode and if they won't dominate offline in Oakland.... Well, they did not, but showed a good enough performance, so the accusations remained a storm in a teacup. And besides that, FaZe undeniably was at least two steps ahead of any other team at that time. Just not in this tournament.
But that's all written with hindsight. Back then I was all like, 'TSM in the blue again LUL.' 'Yay, nice game Liquid.' What a way to end the tournament, Ronin!`
Auzom Nations Cup 2017 3 Dec
This one's the predecessor of todays Nations Cup, besides only having teams from NA and EU of course and GLL Nations Royale, but with only having 4 man squads instead of 32 men clusters. I recall that this tournament was a lot of fun. I wholeheartedly recommend everyone to rewatch the highlight video. The VODs seem to be lost. A lot of memorable moments, like the ending over bunkers, the 2 vs 2 at Mylta restaurant between the Czechs and the French and this chicken dinner clutch by miniment. Austria even won the whole thing in the end, leaving a baffled team captain Met0r, who later said he thought he would never even manage to find 4 good Austrian players as he got the invite to form a team for this.
The exact same day the finals of the Winter DreamHack duo tournament took place. Avnqr and Balloc won it. I haven't watched it and after looking through some snippets and clips, I don't regret it really. Dr. Disrespect was present and there actually seemed to be a whole round with the only purpose to chase down the celebrity?
Besides all the difficulties, 2017 looked very promising for competitive PUBG. A lot of big names found their way into the scene. For example infamous Forsen once was a real competitive PUBG player untill C9 reminded him that he can't just play for another team in another game when he had a running contract with them and he also did the desk at GLL in the early days. Also a certain Felix Kjellberg played a few games on CurseTrials. Some moaners were trying to talk the competitive side of the game down, but those statements came mostly from individuals who`s opinion never meant much to me anyhow.
The rules still differed from TO to TO but at least the whole Western scene agreed on playing FPP squad only. Well most of the players I should say. Players like Ibiza, who were in favour of TPP at first changed their mind, very few like Mellon did not. Unfortunately for him, fortunately for us because if he hadn't resigned, Jeemz would've never gotten into Penta Sports and maybe never even into competitive PUBG? Who knows...
Speaking of the pro players and teams: 2017 was a really great year to start with following the competitve side of PUBG extensively. I learned a lot about the players (and not only me), some strats ( even in late 2017 you kinda still could tell from what game each player came from before they were playing PUBG just by the way the ambushed or rushed) and one very important thing: the callouts on Erangel. Very few people who haven't been around in 2017 will understand what Method Highway or Raptor Hill is.
Some players we've seen but left the scene are sorely missed.
A lot has changed and also some things were a little different back then. LilFuzzySeal wore his hair long, we had not one but two great observers with Skyline (RIP) and Ansvar , Jabroni wasn't managing but casting , Caymus was doing interviews, to just name a few differences.
Also Deman came around. His first PUBG casts were done over a cleanfeed out of his broom closet, I have to assume, while his fiancee was playing Kingdom Come Deliverance on console. In the living room. Via Speakers. On full volume. Those were the times. On Deman's very first cast he also didn't look too well:
'This guy from this one team shoots at this other guy, (butchers name), with a....automatic gun... from a.....building..'(hyperbole )
I do remember asking myself why anyone would choose a caster, that has no idea about the game and the scene. But It only took him one week (maybe two) and he knew every part of the map, every strat call, every rotation path, every compound name and all the maiden names from all the players mothers. Super impressive and I still consider him to be the most knowledgable caster PUBG has to the present.
Except for Toby. His first endeavour to start a casting career was very interesting to say the very least:
'Guys, I'm new to casting, this is my first game. What do you expect me to tell you guys? So all the teams have dropped, the circle will most likely shift towards Kameshki, Team X will rotate to this hill, stop there for exactly 43 seconds to scout north, while Team Y and Team Z will clash here on minute 5:44 and Team Z will win the fight, losing 2 players and the game will end over here at this field and Team W will win this round. Is this how casting goes, guys? Nevermind, let's watch the game first.'(hyperbole)
That's it for 2017. I'm pretty sure there's a lot I missed out and I can assure you there's been a lot I did cut out to come to an end eventually. I'm halfway through rewatching the Major events of 2018 and also wrote down a sentecne or two and saved some links in my sidebar. If everything goes as planned, because there's a tremendous amount to cover, I'll be posting the first half of my 2018 abstract before New Year's Eve.